Maintenance & Horticulture Employee Level 2 Wanted
Jan 17, 2018
TWEED RIVER JOCKEY CLUB LTD
PO Box 313, Murwillumbah NSW 2484
MAINTENANCE & HORTICULTURE EMPLOYEE LEVEL 2
TWEED RIVER JOCKEY CLUB (MURWILLUMBAH RACECOURSE)
The Tweed River Jockey Club is located in the very scenic Tweed Valley just 3kms north of Murwillumbah and 30km from the Gold Coast. It has the magnificent Mt Warning as a backdrop to the track. We conduct 11 race meetings a year. These are a combination of weekday and weekend meetings, with all race meetings being covered by either off course or on-course TAB facilities and bookmakers.
REPORTS TO – Secretary Manager & Track Curator
REMUNERATION - Permanent Part Time – guarantee minimum 20hrs per week $ 20.54/hr + superannuation
OBJECTIVE: To assist with the maintenance of all track surfaces, infrastructure and racecourse buildings and facilities at Tweed River Jockey Club (Murwillumbah Racecourse) in adherence with Racing NSW minimum standards.
An employee at this level has the ability to undertake one or more of the following duties:
• operates, maintains and adjusts turf machinery under general supervision
• cleans machinery and inspects machinery after each use
• applies fertilisers, fungicides, herbicides, and insecticides under general supervision
• gardening duties including the planting and trimming of trees, sowing, planting and cutting of grass, and the watering of plants, gardens, trees, lawns, and displays
• removes cuttings, rakes leaves, cleans/empties litter bins, cleans gutters/ drains/ culverts
• can perform routine maintenance of turf surfaces
• performs non-trade tasks incidental to their work
• Experienced with irrigation systems and repairs
• Knowledge of or ability to acquire knowledge of the racing industry and related systems and processes including Racing NSW Minimum Standards
• Ability to attend to general maintenance of buildings, facilities and surrounds
The successful applicant must have
• Good time management, communication & organisation and record keeping skills
• Flexibility regarding working hours, including weekend work, starting and finishing times, particularly in the lead into a race meeting or an on course function
• Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
• Ability to work solo but also a strong team player and able to build relationships
• Confident, self-motivated and demonstrate a positive attitude.
• Attention to detail, honest & trustworthy
• Excellent presentation
• current open drivers licence
• NSW Police clearance or ability to obtain
Horticulture and Workplace Health & Safety qualifications will be highly regarded
To apply please email your application together with your CV to email@example.com or contact Leanne Moore on 0408627573. All applications will be considered with the utmost confidentiality.
Applications will close on Friday 2nd February 2018.
ACN: 003 386 856 Telephone: 02 6672 3672
ABN: 11 003 386 856 Mobile: 0408 627573
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgFax: 02 6672 4323