ASSISTANT RACECOURSE MANAGER – TWEED RIVER JOCKEY CLUB
The Tweed River Jockey Club has an exciting opportunity to join our Track Maintenance Team as the Assistant Racecourse Manager
The Club conducts 11 race meetings per annum and provides training facilities for up to 110 racehorses on both grass and sand training tracks daily.
The Assistant Racecourse Manager, who will report to the Chief Executive Officer, will need to demonstrate strong leadership skills and will be responsible for the management and preparation of the Course Proper, Training Tracks, Infrastructure and all other facilities.
The successful applicant will have proven experience and knowledge in the following areas:
- High level of understanding, passion and experience in Turf Management and Irrigation specifically the maintenance of equine racing and training surfaces
- Qualified at AQF3 Chemical application level
- Trained in WHS matter related to risk management, manual labour, handling of chemicals used on the racecourse
- General mechanical knowledge of machinery
- The ability to have general record-keeping abilities in relation to maintenance of the machinery
Key skills required for the position include:
- Prior management experience and the ability to lead, manage and motivate your team
- The ability to confidently communicate and liaise with Racing NSW personnel, licenced persons, contractors, management and other stakeholders.
- Analytical, problem-solving, time management and organisation skills
- Excellent communication via oral and written mediums
- Current driver’s licence
- Current First Aid & CPR
A greenkeeping/horticulture trade certification or other turf management qualification is highly desirable, but not essential, in addition to a thorough knowledge and understanding of the racing industry.
The successful applicant will be on a Salary Package. The position is based on approximately 38 hours per week with a need for flexible work hours dependent upon racing dates and some weekend work.
If you feel that you are the desired applicant for this position, please send a single page cover letter and CV to the Chief Executive Officer.
Applications should be emailed and addressed to:
Chief Executive Officer
Tweed River Jockey Club
Applications will close at COB Friday 5th August 2022